Thank you for finding this page! It means that you’re interested in looking at the archive of the Bi-Weekly Journey Group of Fairfax. Our group first started weekly running back in 2014 at the Cardinal Center of Fairfax. From there, we dropped it to every other week and moved to Sticks and Stones in Fairfax. Since September of 2017, we’ve been hosting them out of the beautiful Intuitive Wellness Center until the pandemic in early spring of 2020. Now we run them on zoom, but are eager to get them started in person once it becomes safe to do so. Occasionally we’ve done the journey groups at other venues, but here are the recorded sessions that may be of interest. We started recording them due to the US Tour, and it became popular! And a way for people to still stay in touch across the country 🙂
This will get updated as often as possible, but feel free to subscribe to our blog to get updates whenever we post a new recording.
Helpful links before you get started looking at recordings:
- What is Shamanic Journeying?
- Journeying at home guide
- Protocol with songs and recorded journey track
- What is Ceremony and why does it matter (technically, the journey groups are a ceremony that consistently happening every other week)
- Journey Group of Fairfax Structure
- Journey Group on Facebook
- Crafting a great journey question
- Strengthening our relationship with our guides
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to email@example.com
Most recent recorded journeys:
- March 3rd, 2021 – Tending Shrines. We talked about the pitfalls and challenges around manifesting our relationship with spirit and what that looks like in daily life. I loved that we explored how we all each individually tend our shrines, as well as possible ways that we could tend it. It’s a lot simpler then you may think! And it really is about being more mindful about our actions in the physical world, not what goes on in our head.
- February 17th, 2021 – Friction/Ease. This is a very tight time when many things in our lives are simply not working like they used to. We know that things must change, but how can we navigate this friction with grace and ease? Today we will discuss and come up with some good journey questions together.
- Thank you for your patience! Took a big break due to some health related challenges.
- June 23rd, 2020 – Exploring Cycles. The moon is an ally that would like to connect with us. This was a powerful weekend with a new moon, lunar eclipse, and a solstice (longest day of the year). What does it mean to explore the cycles of nature and join with them instead of against them? This is the topic where we ask ourselves where we are out of alignment with the cycles of nature, and ask questions on how to get in alignment.
- June 9th, 2020 – BLM discussion. We’re going to be doing a little switch up this week. We do have a “topic”, but this journey group is going to be more of a discussion and journeying for steps forward in regards to the BLM movement. We don’t *need* to jump into rebellion, protesting, or the like. Sometimes the answer comes from us simply slowing down and being willing to ask ourselves the question of how we can stop contributing to the problem.
- May 26th, 2020– Inner Strength. Strength is one of those words that has different meanings associated with it. Strength is not just how strong you are physically, but strength can be expressed internally as well. What does that mean for the individual? How does strength express itself in you? Let’s journey about our inner strengths and see which strengths have been hiding from us that we didn’t realize we had.
- April 28th, 2020– Different perspectives on grounding. Many contemporary practitioners use a tree as a model for grounding, but what about other plants? What about birds? What about seas? Seafaring and wayfinding ancestors would ground while sailing long distances, paying attention to the way the waves lapped against the boat to see how far the land was. During this time of societal turbulence, sometimes our old versions of grounding could be “uprooted”, so perhaps exploring new techniques might be interesting.
- April 14th, 2020 – Interconnectedness. How does one quarantined in their own home feel connected to the big web? Many people are like potted plants during this time, growing their roots in until they’re root bundles. How do we plant ourselves in the ground so we can connect with the bigger ecosystem?
- March 31st, 2020 – Resilience in times of big change. Many people are stuck at home in quarantine, doing their part in helping deescalate a huge pandemic affecting our whole world at this time. How do we as individuals help not amplify the fear and instead become beacons for groundedness and stability?
- September 24th, 2019 – Integrating Passion. Many people attempt to live lives of passion, but passion has so often been dissected away from what we do. Passion is like the blood in our veins – it what makes our heart pump! We simply shouldn’t be “aiming” to live a life of passion, we should be DOING it! Passion should be a part of our every motivation and action, just as effortless as it takes our heart to pump blood through our veins. The real question is, where is passion NOT flowing in our lives and what can we do about it?
- August 27th, 2019 – Finding that hunger for life. Many people are drifting through life on autopilot, doing the next thing, participating in the rat race and living by our “to-do list”. Where is that part of ourselves that is HUNGRY for life and not just focused on surviving? Once we really bring this hungry part of ourselves online, passion naturally arises and we will feel this want transform into a NEED as we truly devote our energy to living our medicine instead of getting in our own way. Trust me, the world needs our medicine, so let’s find that hungry part of ourselves who NEED to express our gifts out in the world!
- August 13th, 2019 – Healing self sabotage. Many of us have times of our life when we don’t realize how much we are in our own way. This meeting, we discussed compassion, curiosity, and if you’re brave enough – we will connect in with marginalized aspects of ourselves that feel like it’s their job to tear us down. We must realize that this was born out of survival and we learned how to do this to ourselves.
- July 30th, 2019 – Underneath the Ice Flow. Our suggested journey topic for this meeting was “underneath the ice flow”. We will be exploring the ways that we trap and isolate ourselves with the beliefs that keep us trapped in the first place. What we must remember, is that these were done out of fear to try and keep us safe. The illusion that ice provides us with is allowing us to see through the ice, but freezing our power within the walls of our own confines. How do we melt the ice without causing an avalanche? And how do we do so while reclaiming our power at the same time?
- July 16th, 2019 – Trees as Plant Allies. This suggested journey group topic was about working with trees as plant ally’s! What messages do the tall ones have for us on this day? Stand tall? Be grounded? Most of the time they help by helping us remember parts of ourselves we have forgotten.
- June recordings – Oops!! Technical difficulties in June prevented us from recording these ones!
- May 7th, 2019 – Vulnerability is not a Weakness. Many people accidentally mistake vulnerability for a weakness because they have been exploited for sharing where they thought they were safe expressing their truth. How do we find safety in learning how to express ourselves? And what is in the way?
- April 23rd, 2019 – Finding Balance with Stillness. This suggested journey topic is about Journeying to the stone people for advice on how to be still without dipping into stagnation. Often, when we slow down, we must play this vicarious balance of slowing down without sacrificing flow. How do we slow down in a good way and be in the flow of life without getting in our own way?
- April 9th, 2019 – Carrying the Burdens. We will specifically be asking about what holes in our boundaries are present that allow us to take on these burdens that aren’t ours to carry. This is a time when many people could be feeling bogged down and overwhelmed because of the amount of stuff on their plate. We don’t need anything extra! So who in you is subconsciously inviting in extra burden and responsibility?
- March 26th, 2019 – Battin’ Down the Hatches! The suggested journey topic for today is “Batten down the hatches!!!” The element of air corresponds with out mental body, our thoughts, truth, and communication. What happens in this time of excess air? And is it a true excess of wind or just a symptom of something deeper? Sometimes in elemental medicine, one element is out of balance because there’s something else that’s happening beneath the surface. If you are being affected by the excess wind that’s in the air, what can you do to batten down the hatches within your own internal landscape to be a person of power and navigate this time of chaos?
- March 12th, 2019 – Cage of Expectations. Expectations have a way of bogging us down and pulling us out of the moment so we are not fully present. We ask the question tonight, of where in my life do I have hidden expectations I place on myself?
- Feb 26th, 2019 – Grounding in the Moment. Sometimes when it feels as though life is pushing us around, it’s hard for us to be in the moment because we are constantly thinking about the past and our failures, or the possible futures. Which means we are not in the moment. Today we explore some of our most interesting roots and ask the question of what is our biggest challenge that prevents us from being present?
- Feb 10th, 2019 – The Power of Choice. Despite all of the pain, discomfort, and general malaise we could be potentially feeling in our down time – we ask the question, “What situation in my life feels like it I have no choice in the matter? And how do I take my power back in that situation?”
- Jan 29th, 2019 – Breaking up the ground. How can we be like the weed in the sidewalk that can grow anywhere? We will talk about how our tenacity at being ourselves can erode the old structures of foundation within our minds.
- Jan 15th, 2019 – Standing in the Face of Adversity. How can we not get swept up in the big energies of our time while still living our medicine as an individual?
- Dec 18th, 2018 – Topic of Boundaries! We can journey to our energy body and ask our guides what specifically happens during our boundaries during specific events.
- Dec 4th, 2018 – The gift of giving. What does it mean to actually give without going into a state of depletion? What does it mean to receive fully the gifts of others? How can we empty ourselves so that we can be apart of this true gifting and receiving of the holiday season without going into overwhelm?
- Oct 23rd, 2018 – Exploring our relationship with grief and how we can begin loosening up this emotion.
- Oct 9th, 2018 – Honoring the Ancestors. Difference between ghosts and Ancestral Helping Spirits
- Sept 29th, 2018 – Journeying to our inner garden – It’s a Hank Wesselman journey that we explore and discuss.
- Sept 11th, 2018 – Journey to weather patterns and see what message is in the storms for us as humans. You can either receive a personal message or a message for humanity as a whole when you connect to weather patterns.
- August 28th, 2018 – Tending our inner fire with Summer time coming to an end.
- May 16th, 2018 – This topic is about self pity, as well as pitying others. What happens energetically when pity happens? Sandra Ingerman says that when you pity another person, you are robbing a person of their power. It marginalizes and only acknowledges the wounded aspect of a person instead of seeing them in their whole-ness.
- May 2nd, 2018 – What are the hidden components to some of our choices and decisions? Through this suggested journey topic we explore this and a varying other few subtle aspects that could be influencing our behavior.