In this class, we will be navigating altered states of consciousness. One of the reasons why the first two months are so important and foundational is because we need to know WHO WE ARE before we begin to communicate with the bigger things out there. When we jump right into these deep relationships without a solid foundation of who we are inside, we over identify with these other energies and can lose our sense of identity.
This does not mean that if you really feel you don’t know who you are, you can’t do this. You just have to be aware of when you are in your body versus not in your body. We have to consistently keep reminding ourselves of what our life purpose is, not following what big things or society are telling us to do. By interacting with spirit helpers, guides, divinations, etc. we can keep peeling away the layers to discover who we are. But if we don’t have clear boundaries or a sense of grounding as we dive deeper, we can easily get pushed around and overwhelmed.
Blog post to read to prep: Strengthening our connection to Spirit
Handy Podcasts of interest from Why Shamanism Now (these are not required, just in case you’re interested):
- Why learn to Shamanic Journey?
- What is a working relationship with Spirit?
- Am I really talking to my guides?
- Working with helping spirits in the age of entitlement
Different types of helping spirits we can run into:
- Ancestors and Descendants
- Deities and Archetypes
- Working with the spirits of the land
- Plants and Elementals
- Mythical Beasts and Weirdness
If you have an iphone, you can look for them on the podcasts icon.
Recordings from class:
- Huna and Divination Pt 1 (5 minutes)
- Huna and Divination Pt 2 (5 minutes)
- Huna and Divination Pt 3 (4 min 45s)
- Huna and Divination Pt 4 (6 min 40s)
- Huna and Divination Pt 5 (4 mins)
For more dance support, feel free to check out Gabrielle Roth and some of her books. She is the one that birthed 5Rhythms into existence. It’s a very powerful form of movement medicine. Check out some local events, and I will most likely see you there.
Another great dance support in the area is Ecstatic Dance in DC. Check out their events on Facebook for more up to date events/times.